Tinnahinch Holiday Homes Carlow
Tinnahinch on the Carlow side of the River Barrow is linked with its sister town of Graignamanagh on the Kilkenny side by a beautiful bridge, constructed in 1767 by George Smith when a canal system was being built to improve navigation.
This bridge is considered to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing bridges in Ireland.
Tinnahinch Castle was built around 1615 by James Butler who later lost his lands because of his involvement in the Confederate War of 1641. The last occupant of the castle “Mad Butler” was burnt out of the house, following scandals involving his family.
Nowadays Tinnahinch is a very popular boating and walking centre on the banks of the River Barrow
For fishing enthusiast, the stretch of the River Barrow running through St. Mullins is inhabited by a wide variety of fish. Apart from salmon and trout there is a wide variety of fish for the coarse angler.
This is also a particularly appealing area for cycling. Quiet country roads and sleepy villages with nice pubs are common around this part of the country. There are also plenty of places for walkers to enjoy themselves.